CanadaInternational Essentials Guide
Texas is home to an estimated 48,000 Canadians, the fourth-largest population of Canadian residents in the United States behind California, Florida, and New York. Whether you are looking for unique cultural experiences or to connect with fellow Canadians, the Dallas Region has plenty of opportunities for you.
- There is an estimated $5.47 billion exchanged between Canada and DFW, with $5.26 billion (96.16 percent) in imports from Canada to DFW, and $210.01 million (3.84 percent) exported from DFW to Canada.
- More than 150 Canadian-owned companies operate U.S. or North American headquarters and other facilities in the Dallas Region. Notable Canadian companies include: ALDO, BlackBerry, Bombardier Recreational Products, Colliers International, Dalfen Industrial, Digital Boundary Group, lululemon athletica, Mitel, Mother Parkers Coffee, and Thomson Reuters.
- Weekly Direct Flights to Canada: American Airlines – 56 times to Calgary (YYC), Québec (YUL), Ontario (YYZ), and Richmond, British Columbia (YVR) | Air Canada – 38 times to Québec (YUL), Ontario (YYZ), and Richmond, British Columbia (YVR).
- Connect with fellow Canadian businesses and professionals: Canada-Texas Chamber of Commerce
- Get consular assistance in the Dallas Region: Canadian Consulate in Dallas
- A cultural and language learning center dedicated to the study of French, and the discovery of French and Francophone cultures located in the Dallas Region: Alliance Francoise
- Learn more about the only international private school in Dallas that integrates the French national curriculum: Dallas International School