ChinaInternational Essentials Guide
The Dallas Region is home to a growing population of Chinese Americans. In fact, the city of Plano has the sixth-largest percentage of Chinese residents in the U.S. Whether you are looking to connect with fellow Chinese expats, explore Chinatown in Richardson, or experience the annual Chinese New Year Festival, we have plenty of opportunities for you.
- The Dallas Region is home to more than 300,000 Asians.
- More than 100 Korean churches and approximately 40 Chinese churches are located in the Dallas Region.
- Fourteen Buddhist Centers in the Dallas Region serve Cambodian, Laotian, Thai, and other ethnic communities.
- There are four Hindu temples in the Dallas Region.
- Weekly Direct Flights to China: American Airlines – 7 times to Beijing; American Airlines – 7 times to Hong Kong; American Airlines – 7 times to Shanghai.
- Connect with fellow Chinese businesses and professionals: Chinese Institute of Engineers/USA-DFW Chapter | Dallas Chinese Art Association | Dallas Chinese Community Center (DCCC) | OCA-DFW | The Texas Chapter for Chinese Association for Science and Technology (CAST-TX) | U.S.- China Chamber of Commerce Dallas
- Further your Chinese education at one of several schools in the Dallas Region: Dallas Chinese School | Dallas Modern Chinese Language School | Fort Worth Chinese School | Frisco Chinese School | Hua-Hsing Chinese School | International Leadership of Texas (Trilingual) | Lone Star Chinese School | The Mandarin Chinese School | Maxwell Mandarin Chinese School | Merit Chinese School | Sun Ray Chinese
- Listen & Learn is a multinational company that specializes in tailor-made one-to-one and small group language courses for individuals and corporate clients: Mandarin Lessons in Dallas
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
- Experience Chinese art, music, and culture: Annual DFW Dragon Boat, Kite, and Lantern Festival | Chinese New Year Festival (Hosted by the Crow Museum of Asian Art of The University of Texas at Dallas )
FOOD & DINING
- Enjoy Chinese food, treats, and other items: 99 Ranch Market (Carrollton, Frisco, Plano) | Hong Kong Market (Dallas, Grand Prairie)
- Enjoy authentic Chinese food: Dong Bo Sung (Dallas) | Lai Lai Chinese Restaurant (Dallas) | Seoul Garden (Dallas)