Photo by Christian Wiediger on Unsplash
GermanyInternational Essentials Guide
Grüß Gott! Whether you are looking to connect with fellow Germans or experience German culture, the Dallas Region has plenty of opportunities for you.
- There is an estimated €1.89 billion exchanged between Germany and DFW, with €1991.32 million (52.4 percent) in imports from Germany to DFW, and €898.98 million (47.6 percent) exported from DFW to Germany.
- More than 75 German-owned companies operate U.S. or North American headquarters and other facilities in the Dallas Region. Notable German companies include: Adidas, Audi, Bayer, Siemens, and BASF.
- Weekly Direct Flights to Germany: American Airlines – 9 times to Frankfurt (FRA) and Munich (MUC) | Lufthansa 9 times to Frankfurt (FRA)
- Get consular assistance in the Dallas Region: Honorary Consul of the Federal Republic of Germany in Dallas
- Connect with fellow German businesses and professionals: German American Chamber of Commerce
- Take part in policy discussions affecting U.S.-Germany relations: American Council on Germany
- Learn German language and culture: Dallas Goethe Center
- Enroll in a German international school in Dallas: German International School of Dallas | German School of Dallas
- Listen & Learn is a multinational company that specializes in tailor-made one-to-one and small group language courses for individuals and corporate clients: German Lessons in Dallas
EVENTS & FESTIVALS
- Experience German culture through art, music, and dancing: Addison Oktoberfest | Fort Worth Oktoberfest | Lake Highlands Oktoberfest | McKinney Oktoberfest | Richardson Pawtoberfest | Southlake Oktoberfest |
FOOD & DINING
- Enjoy authentic German fare: Bavarian Grill (Plano) | Berlin Café (Frisco) | Biergarten on Lamar (Dallas) | District 9 Draught Haus (Dallas) | Dog Haus Biergarten (Arlington, Richardson) | Henk’s European Deli & Black Forest Bakery (Dallas) | Kuby’s Sausage House (Dallas)
- Get involved in the German Ministry at a local church: Christ Lutheran Church