IndiaInternational Essentials Guide
Did you know that the Dallas Region is home to one of the largest Diwali festivals in the nation? With approximately 108,000 Indians living in the area, we have an active Indian community. From schools, temples, and community centers, to professional networks and restaurants, it’s easy to connect with your local community.
- From 2000 to 2010, the Dallas Region’s Indian population more than doubled, growing from 49,181 to 106,964.
- Connect with Indian businesses and professionals: India Institutes of Technology Alumni Association of North Texas | Indian Association of North Texas (IANT) | US India Chamber of Commerce
- Find a Hindi language school in the Dallas Region: Bal-mukund Plano | Balangokulam Hindu Cultural School | DFW Hindu Temple Vidya Vikas | Vedic Hindi School
- Listen & Learn is a multinational company that specializes in tailor-made one-to-one and small group language courses for individuals and corporate clients: Hindi Lessons in Dallas
EVENTS & FESTIVALS
- Experience Indian culture in the Dallas Region: DFW Diwali Mela | Dallas Indian Community | Diwali Dallas Festival of Lights | India Community Events | India Fine Arts Academy
FOOD & DINING
- Buy Indian food, items, and clothing: FabIndia (Plano) | India Bazaar (Frisco, Irving, Lewisville, Plano, Richardson) | Krishna Sarees & Fabric (Richardson) | Patel Brothers (Frisco, Irving, McKinney, Plano) | Poshak (Richardson)
- Enjoy authentic Indian food: Cosmic Cafe (Dallas) | Kalachandji’s Palace & Restaurant (Dallas) | Our Place (Irving) | Shivas Bar & Grill (Dallas) | Spice in the City (Dallas) | Urban Tadka (Irving & Flower Mound)