Photo by Colton Jones on Unsplash
JapanInternational Essentials Guide
With more and more Japanese companies relocating here, the Dallas Region is home to a growing Japanese population. Whether you are looking to join a professional association or experience Japanese culture through food or art, there are so many ways to connect with your local community.
- There is an estimated ¥469.76 billion exchanged between Japan and DFW, with ¥248.61B (52.92 percent) in imports from Japan to DFW, and ¥221.15B (47.08 percent) exported from DFW to Japan.
- More than 350 Japanese-owned companies operate U.S. or North American headquarters and other facilities in the Dallas Region. Notable Japanese companies include: 7-Eleven, Fujitsu, Hitachi, MUFG , NEC Corporation, NTT Data, Panasonic, Sony, Toyota, and YKK.
- Weekly Direct Flights to Japan : American Airlines – 14 times to Narita (NRT) | Japan Airlines 7 times to Narita (NRT)
- Get consular assistance in the Dallas Region: Honorary Consul General of Japan in Dallas
- Get involved in your local community: The Dallas Japanese Association | The Fort Worth Japanese Society | The Japan-America Society of Dallas-Fort Worth
- Learn the Japanese language and culture: Fort Worth Japanese Language School | Fort Worth Japanese Society School | Japanese School of Dallas
- Listen & Learn is a multinational company that specializes in tailor-made one-to-one and small group language courses for individuals and corporate clients: Japanese Lessons in Dallas
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
- See Japanese art the Crow Museum, and samurai armor and weapons at The Ann and Gabriel Barbier-Mueller: The Samurai Collection
EVENTS & FESTIVALS
- Experience Japanese culture through art, dance, and music: Otsukimi Moon Viewing Festival
- Engage in Japanese events: Japan America Society of Dallas/Fort Worth events
FOOD & DINING
- Enjoy Japanese food, treats, and other items: Daiso Japan (Arlington, Carrollton, Fort Worth, Frisco, Irving, Plano) | Gyu-Kaku Japanese (Dallas) | Kinokuniya (Carrollton, Plano) | Mitsuwa (Plano) | Mr. Max Café Nippon (Irving) | Nobu (Dallas) | Shop Minoya (Plano) | Sushi Bayashi (Dallas) | Tei-An (Dallas) | Ten Ramen (Dallas) | Teppo Yakitori Bar (Dallas) | Wabi House (Dallas) | Yama (Carrollton, Dallas, Plano) | Yoshi Shabu Shabu (Richardson)
- Get involved in a local church: International Christian Church | Japanese Baptist Church of North Texas