Photo by Filip Gielda on Unsplash
MexicoInternational Essentials Guide
The Dallas Region is home to a growing and vibrant Latino community – nearly 30 percent of the DFW population. From professional networks, entertainment venues and museums, to dining and festivals, check out the resources below to get connected.
- Nearly half (43 percent) of the city’s population is Latino, representing many countries from South and Central America.
- Dallas County is home to 2.5 million people, 40 percent of whom are Latinos.
- The Dallas metro area is home to 6.4 million people, 28 percent of whom are Latinos.
- Of the 1.6 million people added to the Dallas Region between 2000 and 2010, nearly half (724,018) were Latinos.
- In 2010, the Dallas Region was the eight-largest Hispanic metro area in the U.S.
- Connect with Hispanic-owned businesses and professionals through your local Hispanic Chamber of Commerce: Greater Dallas Area | Southeast Dallas | Fort Worth | Irving
- Find a Hispanic professional association to join: Dallas Hispanic Bar | Hispanic 100: A Network of Latina Leaders | Hispanic Communicators DFW | Hispanic Women Network | North Texas Latin America Physician Association | Prospanica | Regional Hispanic Contractors | Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Join other business leaders in supporting underserved, minority women: Hispanic Heritage Ambassadors DFW
- Grow your business and widen your network: Mexican Entrepreneur Association (AEM Dallas)
- Network, develop business relationships, and job hunt: Association of Latino Professionals for America (ALPFA)
- Stay in the loop about things happening in the Latino business community: Latino Leaders Magazine
- Get consular assistance in the Dallas Region: Consulate General of Mexico in Dallas
- Receive immersive, bilingual education in Spanish and more: Alcuin School | Spanish School House | The Westwood School
- Listen & Learn is a multinational company that specializes in tailor-made one-to-one and small group language courses for individuals and corporate clients: Spanish Lessons in Dallas
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
- Experience Latin culture through art, music, and dance: Anita N. Matinez Ballet Folkorico | DFW Latin Dance Calendar | Latino Cultural Center | Mercado369 | Studio 22 Dallas
EVENTS & FESTIVALS
- Engage in events: Cara Mia Theatre | Dallas Salsa Events Calendar | Latino Street Fest
- Find your church community: Diocesis Catolica de Dallas | Iglesia Santa Ana