Cedar Hill ISD
District Name: Cedar Hill Independent School District
District Size & Class Size: Nearly 8,000 students at 13 campuses. Average student to teacher ratio is 16:1.
Grade Level Alignment: elementary – Pre-K-5, middle school 6-8, ninth grade center, high school 10-12 *Collegiate High School includes grades 9-12
Specializations and Program Offerings: CHISD curriculum focuses on a rigorous STEAM education. Science, technology, engineering, art and math are brought to life through multiple pathways including business and industry, dual language, fine arts, and environmental. Career and technical education is divided into three phases: career awareness (K-6), career exploration (7-8), and career readiness (9-12).
Additionally, the district is committed to providing an engaging, comprehensive technology-infused curriculum to maximize student performance and encourage the effective use of technology at all levels.
Extracurricular: Extracurricular activities play a big role in Cedar Hill. The district is home to championship sports teams and award-winning fine arts programs. Students are offered numerous opportunities to enrich their learning experience through arts, athletics, and other areas of interest.
Safety and Security: The district employs police and security officers who monitor every campus. All campuses have security cameras and secure entry. All employees receive a background check before hire, and are trained to handle emergency situations.
M&O/I&S Tax Rates and Last Bond Passage: The tax rate is $1.04 for maintenance and operation and .0476 for the payment of principal and interest on debts.
Average Home Value in District: The median home value is $13,769
Selling Points: Students enrolled in the Collegiate High School have the opportunity to earn their high school diploma and an associate degree at the same time. Newsweek rated Collegiate High School the No. 1 early college high school in the state and third in the nation.
The Cedar Hill Independent School District will become a premier school district providing innovative opportunities and academic challenges preparing all students for the global marketplace.
Board Goals and Priorities
At CHISD, we will:
- Design and implement a rigorous instructional learning system that is data driven, fosters student engagement, and produces college and career-ready students
- Remain efficient, trustworthy, and transparent in our financial practices and business processes
- Align the budget process to achieve district goals
- Recruit, develop, and retain highly effective and engaging employees in an environment that embraces diversity
- Provide a safe, efficient, healthy, and orderly learning environment
- Foster an environment of respect, cooperation, and open communication with parents and community partners